Sunday, December 18, 2005

Yuvan's latest offering, a must listen

A couple of big hits this Christmas season are from Yuvan Shankar Raja. One of them is already on top of the www.Raaga.com tamil charts called "Eno Kangal" from the movie "Kalvanin Kadhali". Sung by Sadhana Sargam and Yuvan it is a song you cannot and should not miss. Sadhana sounds great as she did on "Snehidhane" from the movie "Alaipayuthae". S J Surya who has a knack of making great videos (remember "Thottal Poo malarum.." from "New") I am sure may have a great video for this song too. I am looking forward to watching it. Two other songs that are listenable are the raunchy "Kudakooli Koduthachu" and the small "Uyir Piriyum velai". The other movie that Yuvan has composed music and songs is for "Pudupettai" starring Dhanush. The audio release for this movie is interesting in that that it has an English movie soundtrack feel with many instrumentals and songs named in English. The songs that grabbed my attention are the two "Dapan Koothu" numbers "Yenga area ulla varathe" and "Varriya" with the latter less in lyrics. The former has potential of doing to Yuvan what "Oram Po" did to Illayaraja decades ago. Check them out at the following link. "Yenga area ulla varathe", "Varriya"

1 comment:

Subash S L said...

Hi Koncerned One,

Thanks for your comment. It is the first on my music blog. I actually have the Godfather series with me and I think I need to watch the movies again closely. I also need to listen to that "Oru Nalil" song as I have been hearing a lot about them. Wonder why I didn't feel that way when I first listened to them. Another thing. Unlike his father, Yuvan seems to be lifting a lot of tunes of others. Thanks once again and watch this space. Lots of things to come.

Subscribe to Madras Bee via RSS Subscribe to MADRAS Bee by Email

Locations of visitors to this page